Current Positions Available
Accommodation Manager – Salary Range $60,000-$75,000pa
We require professional and experienced hotel manager for this full time permanent live in position with fluid skills in RMS and Choice Hotel systems preferred. This is a great opportunity to join an enthusiastic & motivated team at one of Ballarat’s premier hotels, operating since 1854. As a hands-on manager you will build on our friendly hospitality and lead our team to a successful and sustainable future.
Reporting to the General Manger, successful candidates will be required to work full time shift hours and manage all aspects of the operation including –
* Reception and front of house
* Guest experience and satisfaction
* Property maintenance
* Staff supervision and rosters
* Back office operations and management reporting
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role and you must have a demonstrated history in the successful management of a similar operation. The incumbents must have the following –
* Highly energetic with a desire to be hands-on in the role
* Committed to succeeding with a positive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
* Confidence in their ability to manage 2 properties and then market both within a regional community
* Hotel or motel management experience or equivalent management experience
* Excellent customer service, communication and relationship-building skills
* Capacity to provide guidance, support and leadership to employees
* Purchasing and stock control with an ability to manage costs within budget
* General reception and administrative experience as well as the capacity to undertake general maintenance tasks as required
* Preferred candidates will have Gaming Licence, Food Handlers, Responsible Service Of Alcohol and Responsible Service Of Gaming certificates
Accommodation Manager Apply
Apprentice Chef – Award Salary
This is a great opportunity to join an enthusiastic & motivated team at one of Ballarat’s premier hotels, operating since 1854.
We currently have an excellent opportunity available at our hotel in Ballarat for an enthusiastic & motivated apprentice chef to gain quality industry experience & skills!
No experience? No worries! Full on-the-job training with National Accreditation. Gain valuable industry skills & experience. Apprenticeship in Commercial Cookery Certificate III in Hospitality.
In this full time position, you will need to be available to work on weekends and nights, where you will learn & perform all aspects of a chef’s duties in the kitchen. We are offering an apprenticeship in Commercial Cookery Certificate III in Hospitality.
Therefore, it is essential that you…
- Should have at a minimum – a year 10+ education level (preferred)
- Are willing to learn, have reliability & a hardworking attitude
- Are passionate about the food industry & seek a career within it
- Are punctual & enthusiastic
- Must have a tax file number (TFN) & permanent residency status
Experience is not required. We provide full on-the-job training together with National Accreditation. Award Rates apply.